|Job Title:||Estates Secretary|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
Are you a commercially astute clerical professional looking for an interesting and fulfilling role? We’re delighted to present this fantastic opportunity for an Estate Secretary to bring their administrative expertise to a prestigious estate, offering the chance to work in a picturesque historical and rural setting.
Reporting to the resident owner, you take responsibility for the smooth running of the estate businesses, maintaining personnel records, providing administrative support to the estate owners, and managing the paper and electronic filing systems.
The successful candidate will enjoy working cohesively as part of a small friendly team based in the Estate office, which plays an important part as a hub for the local community.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Front of house administration; dealing with all incoming and outgoing calls
- Liaising with Farm, Estate and Commercial tenants and contractors
- Maintaining personnel records including timesheets, holiday, time off in lieu and sickness
- Collating timesheets and providing information to the payroll provider monthly
- Preparing staff contracts and new starter forms
- Coordinating the management of first aid and health and safety on the Estate
- Maintaining the security register and management records
- Arranging promotion and marketing for the House Opening
- Liaising with members of the public and group organisers and taking bookings
- Maintaining House Opening records and preparing reports
- Coordinating Guides and Whips rotas for the Hall Opening and ensuring sufficient cover
- Ordering tea rooms supplies
- Updating the website and social media forums
- Providing administrative support to the shoot
- Coding payments and receipts for the Estate bookkeeper
- Liaising with the Owner’s agent and other professional advisors as required
- Secretarial duties to, and liaising with the Estate manager, Land Agent and family
- Alongside the above providing support to the other estate office staff as needed
- Filing (electronic and paper systems) and archiving.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive relevant experience in a similar administrative or secretarial role, ideally with involvement in estates, agriculture or land management
- Friendly, positive and helpful verbal communication skills
- Able to produce clear, well-structured and dramatically accurate documents, reports and correspondence
- Works in a well-organised fashion, with excellent attention to detail
- Understands the importance of discretion and confidentiality.
- £25,000 – £27,000