|Job Title:||HR Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Clements|
On behalf of an industry leading international manufacturer, we’re delighted to be supporting the recruitment of a skilled HR & Payroll Advisor with strong commercial acumen and a process driven mind-set.
The successful candidate will provide effective, solution-focused generalist HR & Payroll support, as well as assisting the HR Manager in developing and delivering the annual HR Plan through involvement of key strategic projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience working within a fast moving environment, with key involvement in a wide variety of HR related issues and strategical decision-making.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing advice, guidance, and support on a full breadth of HR related matters, ensuring policy and legal compliance.
- Assisting with the weekly and salaried monthly payroll.
- Liaising with the Payroll Manager to guarantee adherence with all relevant legislation, HMRC guidelines, salary changes and solving queries surrounding employee payroll.
- Advising, coaching, and supporting line managers on a full range of employee relation matters, such as absence management, disciplinary, grievance, performance management and organisational change.
- Supporting and coaching the site’s people managers.
- Supporting the site with its recruitment needs at various levels.
- Reviewing and administration of the employee award schemes.
- Reviewing and updating job descriptions.
- Helping Managers/Supervisors to identify and satisfy training and development needs for their direct reports through performance appraisals, PDP’s, and skills matrices.
- Liaising with external stakeholders, such as occupational health, recruitment agencies, pensions providers and any others as deemed suitable.
- Assisting the HR Manager in developing and delivering the annual HR plan through involvement of key strategic projects.
Skills and experience required:
- Completed or working towards Level 3 CIPD qualification.
- Extensive experience of working in a similar HR role, ideally within the industrial or manufacturing sectors.
- Experience of working in a complex organisation which recognises trade unions.
- A sound working knowledge of employment law and its practical application in operational situations is advantageous.
- Experience of advising on a range of HR matters such as absence management, coaching, performance management, and recruitment and selection.
- Proven organisation and prioritisation skills to balance multiple ER matters and HR activities.
- Ability to find effective and appropriate solutions for ER issues
- Proactive and skilled communicator who can achieve desired understanding and results through writing and/or talking to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to drive change forward using best practices.
- Team worker with experience at all levels of management
- Enjoys working towards deadlines, KPIs and project goals.
- Able to deal with sensitive and private information with strict confidentiality.