IoT Product Analyst
|Job Title:||IoT Product Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
We’re looking for a talented Product Analyst to work for our client in Lutterworth, a leading construction services business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company with an enviable reputation in their field, who pride themselves on delighting their clients with industry-leading solutions.
The successful applicant will work as a key member of the innovative digital product team responsible for conceiving, defining, testing, delivering, promoting, monitoring and refining digital products relating to B2B customers, in areas such as Internet of Things and ecommerce, in order to maximise business results.
Reporting to the IoT Product Manager, you will be responsible for the operational efficiency of IoT services; and supporting the onboarding and usage of these products and services by business customers.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing and supporting reporting on telemetry and IoT data through the company’s platform, bespoke IoT services, and via third party portals. Note: this is end user administration, not technical development work.
- Understanding and servicing the customer segments served by the company’s Internet of Things products. This will be based on developing an understanding of customer goals, the value customers derive from the product, and the business capabilities and digital strategies of the business domain.
- Supporting sales activity through face to face and remote technical pre-sales support, helping drive new account acquisition and revenue growth. Supporting pre-sales activities, e.g., support scoping, estimation, planning, pricing, and contract/statement-of-work writing.
- Working closely with the IoT Product Manager to convey the product vision, continuously verifying that the product fulfils that vision (measured by customer value and business outcomes) and helping the team ensure it is building the right product.
- Central administration of third party telemetry services, including data reconciliation, problem-solving, bulk and business as usual updates. Acting as SME on use of these services for local/regional champions and operatives.
- Supporting periodic stocktakes and reconciliations to ensure accuracy of device numbers and data, optimising spend with third party suppliers.
- Coordinating best practices amongst local teams in the management of telemetry devices, including access control, in order to deliver a consistent service to customers and efficient internal workflow.
- Analysing competing offerings or capabilities to understand how to offer the differentiated products or services that customers prefer.
- Maintaining a full product life cycle perspective, and work to balance short-term achievements with long-term goals. Taking on a Product Owner role as and where appropriate.
- Taking a proactive approach, including commitment to direct customer interaction, support of operational engineering and customer service teams, support of BA and QA activities, and any and all product lifecycle activities.
- Working within budget to deliver on business as usual priorities, including supporting problem and incident processes as an SME.
- Working closely with other business functions to turn data into critical information and knowledge, identifying issues and using data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Identifying opportunities using latest Data Analysis and Visualisation tools and Techniques. Integrate, prepare and communicate insights from datasets to colleagues and senior management.
- Working with key stakeholders to make frequent prioritisation decisions based on the latest product analytics, product team metrics and customer feedback.
- Defining, tracking and communicating key product performance indicators as required to track business results.
- Highlighting issues where there may be organisational or procedural gaps in delivery and support of the product and providing hands-on support.
- Translating the product strategy and vision into day to day actions executed for, with and alongside operational teams of sales, customer service, engineering and transport personnel.
- Operating across a very broad spectrum of activities: from fixing data problems to managing suppliers to helping define the product roadmap to writing user stories to providing pre-sales support.
- Delivering effective communications about IoT to audiences including internal colleagues (e.g., new feature releases, customer case studies) and customers (e.g., pre-sales pitches, RFP responses, social media engagement, sales collateral, website content).
Skills and experience required:
- Degree qualified
- Extensive relevant experience as a Product Analyst in IT and business/industry sectors which are close enough to provide an understanding and perspective of construction services.
- Understanding of IoT / Industry 4.0 in the industrial sector or related sectors such as construction or automotive. This includes practical understanding of machine telemetry, BIM, digital twins, management of remote and distributed assets.
- Demonstrable knowledge of digital product management, IoT, data science.
- Sound understanding of data analysis and visualisation tools and techniques.
- Extensive management of data-driven services in a B2B environment.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate the factors relevant to the business sector and its value proposition, and the technology context required to differentiate products in the marketplace.
- Ability to successfully advocate for products, building belief, momentum and consensus with customers and colleagues alike.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships with key business members, the technology team, vendors and ecosystem partners.
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday
- 37.5 hours a week 8.30 am – 5.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £35,000 – £38,000
- Company car or car allowance
- Annual performance-related bonus scheme