IT Service Support Assistant
|Job Title:||IT Service Support Assistant||Contract Type:|
|Location:||Market Harborough, Leicestershire|
|Salary:||£21,000 - £22,000|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Clements|
We’re proud to be recruiting an IT Service Support Assistant on behalf of a well-reputed local company. With a growing portfolio of high-profile clients, they are known for delivering an excellent bespoke manufacturing service.
The business continues to invest significantly in new technologies and internal systems. The successful candidate will assist the IT Manager in providing essential support to the organisation by delivering 1st Line IT support in both software and hardware.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing the server and networking infrastructure as 1st Line support, including: monitoring and maintaining backup procedures, carrying out Active Directory management, managing Windows updates using WSUS, corresponding with external IT support agents logging support calls and monitoring and ensuring server and network health.
- Strategically managing the configuration, health, and maintenance of all company hardware.
- Managing communication platforms to support business requirements.
- Carrying out Office 365 administration such as email and user management.
- Researching and staying informed of changes in technologies which could be of interest to the company, and advising on their possible use.
- Managing, maintaining and updating company software; ensuring high availability and logging support issues where needed.
- Prioritising workload in a way that delivers a fast and reliable service to internal staff, combining in-house support resources with the help of external IT support company where required.
- Monitoring and maintaining security systems to protect the company’s network.
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance of IT and ERP operations in the absence of the Systems Manager.
- Assisting with Infor Visual ERP projects.
- Familiarisation with CRM system in order to offer effective training and support to users.
- Providing IT support with strategic projects, and assisting with IT technical knowledge and guidance to support business projects which enhance the company’s capabilities.
- Maintaining and improving current security standards, following GDPR guidelines.
- Maintaining production critical systems to ensure minimum downtime.
Skills and experience required:
- Prior experience of working in a similar IT support role within a complex business, with involvement in basic networking.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Exchange/O365, as well as MS Excel and Access (Formulae, Macros etc).
- Experience of Active Directory would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide a timely and accurate record of works using IT support systems.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Takes a positive and methodical problem-solving approach.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 5.15pm and Fridays 8.00am – 1.00pm
Salary and benefits:
- £21,000 – £22,000
- Pension: Contributory 3% employers, 2% employees
- 25 days’ annual leave (+ 8 bank holidays)