Management Accountant / Junior Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Management Accountant / Junior Finance Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kate Goodman|
We’re delighted to be recruiting a Management Accountant / Junior Finance Manager on behalf of a highly regarded marketing technology business, known for providing innovative marketing solutions to a wide range of well-known brand names.
The successful candidate will work as part of a friendly and industrious team. You will play a key role within the finance function, working closely with the Financial Controller producing accurate financial and management accounts enabling the company management team to make sound commercial decisions.
This is a hybrid role and will be working 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Take on full month end and reporting duties, responsible for month end accounting to group deadlines including accruals, prepayments, treasury.
- Provide timely and accurate management reports to key managers including monthly management accounts, KPI’s, and customer profitability.
- Take a full and active role in the preparation of the budget, liaising with budget holders and Senior Financial Controller.
- Take an active role in the preparation and successful completion of the statutory audit working closely with external Auditors.
- Preparation and development of sales pipeline KPI reporting, to aid and drive growth.
- Preparation of the annual financial accounts, preparation of the quarterly VAT returns, intrastat, and national statistics reporting.
- Oversee the accounts payable process in the UK and oversee Poland, ensuring compliance with internal and bank authorization policies and payment processes, and accurate general ledger account coding.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities by challenging budget holder.
- Maintain accurate monthly reconciliation of UK balance sheet accounts, including all bank accounts, assets and liabilities.
Skills and experience required:
- Studying or holding a relevant professional qualification (AAT / CIMA / ACCA)
- Experience of working in a similar role within an SME setting.
- 2 years previous experience of completing management accounts
- Experience of Microsoft Navision and Salesforce would be an advantage with strong Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s)
- Ability to work in an organisation that is changing and adapting
- Commitment to meeting challenging and demanding deadlines with a flexible approach
- Ability to exercise judgment and work without close supervision
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- Commercially aware, understanding and anticipating the needs senior management
Hours of work:
- 37.5 per week
- 8am – 4pm OR 8.30am – 4.30pm OR 9am – 5pm (1/2 hour lunch)
Salary and benefits:
- Circa £35,000
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Life assurance x 2 (increases after 3 years)
- Pension scheme
- Onsite parking