Part Time Postal & Premises Assistant – Contract
|Job Title:||Part Time Postal & Premises Assistant – Contract|
|Location:||Market Harborough, Leicestershire|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Clements|
We’re proud to be recruiting an enterprising Postal & Premises Assistant on behalf of an extremely well-reputed and community-focused local business.
The successful candidate will perform a range of duties to provide effective premises and facilities support across the organisation.
As Postal & Premises Assistant, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Franking and despatching all outgoing mail within defined timescales
- Ensuring premises are secure and have been security checked each evening in accordance with the Security and Emergency Procedures
- Completing safety checks on vehicles, fire safety equipment and the diesel generator at regular intervals
- Providing a delivery and collection service between Head Office and other local premises and businesses
- Acting as the point of contact for the cleaning contractors, making sure the cleaning schedule is undertaken
- Distributing stationery orders and working with the team to retain orderly stock control and records of supplies
- Monitoring requests received into the Premises Helpdesk and Stationery email inboxes
- Undertaking minor maintenance and repair tasks and assisting with PAT testing
- Being a keyholder who is also available in line with the alarm call-out list
- Assisting with minor housekeeping duties relating to the presentation of premises
- Undertaking office reconfigurations and moves, in conjunction with the team
- Carrying out administrative, assisting with the electronic filing system and other reasonable tasks when required
- Providing holiday and absence cover when required to enable the Premises function to be available from 7.30am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday and from 8.30am – 12.30pm on a Saturday.
We’re looking for a Postal & Premises Assistant who has the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role as a premises or facilities assistant, ideally involving supplies ordering and stock control
- Prior experience of carrying out premises maintenance tasks such as alarm testing, PAT testing and minor repairs would be beneficial
- Good general administration skills
- Confident level of IT proficiency, with a good working knowledge of MS Office
- Prepared to be a key holder who is on a call out list for premises matters, sometimes working additional hours at short notice
- Demonstrates a friendly, professional, helpful and positive “can-do” approach to any task
- Full UK driving licence – experience of driving a delivery van would be beneficial
Salary and benefits:
- £10.00 per hour
- 23 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Excellent benefits scheme
The role is office-based and can be flexible for full or part time candidates.
Your working hours for part time will be 1.00pm – 6.30pm, Monday – Friday and for full time will be 10.45am – 6.15pm Monday – Friday.
You will also work approximately 1 in 4 Saturdays, between 8.30am – 12.30pm, for which overtime rates will apply.
Please note, this role may be subject to the completion of DBS checks.