|Job Title:||Payroll Officer|
|Contact Name:||Kate Goodman|
We’re looking for an experienced Payroll officer to work with our client in the healthcare sector who provide comprehensive and focused care to both public and private sectors.
This will be a standalone payroll position with the responsibility for the payroll operations for carers and office staff, ensuring that all payments are on time and accurate whilst ensuring adherence to HMRC, pension providers and other external bodies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process and manage payroll for all weekly, 4 weekly and monthly pay runs (approx. 1000 people).
- Submission of all statutory requirements to the relevant guidelines.
- Responsibility for all pension requirements and submissions as required.
- To provide high quality customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Resolve and lead on pay queries, identifying payroll issues and escalating as required.
- Liaise with branches providing relevant payroll information and support.
- Provide support to the Finance team, helping to provide cover in periods of absence.
- Adhere to the company financial policies and processes.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Skills and experience required
- A detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation, NI and all other statutory payment regulations.
- A proven track record in payroll.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good level of competence in Excel (pivot tables & VLOOKUP’s)
- Ability to work through large volumes of data.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn.
- Ability to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in developing relationships with internal customers
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Salary and benefits:
- Up to £30,000
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- On-site parking
- Pension & life assurance