|Job Title:||Transport Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
We’re delighted to be recruiting on behalf of a first-class logistics provider in Leicestershire, who are looking for a skilled Transport Manager to bring outstanding leadership and strategical direction to the transport planning team.
For this exciting and truly varied opportunity within a prestigious and progressive business, we are looking for an experience transport industry professional who demonstrates a flair for efficient and skilled transport planning and management.
The successful candidate take full ownership of transport management processes and will be organised, focused and flexible, with a strong track record of working in a 3PL environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Receiving and processing transport requests, courier requests and freight requests for all departments at various sites
- Full vehicle loads, and quarter/half/full pallets via pallet network
- Sourcing and booking the best options, obtaining the best rates for individual load requirements
- Book European full and part loads, predominantly export but some import activity
- Supplying quotes based on urgency, delivery times and costs
- Enter each job on internal transport log, issuing and distributing required references to relevant parties, and ensuring that all required documentation is raised
- Working with management on significant projects
- Negotiating regular delivery run costs and issuing tariffs directly to clients
- Liaise with current core transport providers, as well as seeking and investigating new suppliers
- Attempting to resolve delivery issues, and advising client/internal departments of any delays
- Escalating to senior management any unresolvable issue and cost implications
- Liaising with accounts to ensure all jobs are billed correctly
- Being aware of monthly transport budget/target
- Providing weekly updates to Finance Director on current months figures
- Organising cover 24/7 to take phone calls when issues with deliveries/collections
- Being aware of additional charges such as fluctuating fuel surcharges, season surcharges, emergency surcharges and any additional EU export/import documentation fees
- Any other transport management administration duties as needed for the arrangement of transport, courier and freight requirements.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive previous experience in a similar Transport Management role, ideally within a 3PL business
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with initiative and manage workloads
- Comprehensive transport industry knowledge and commercial acumen
- Diligent, structured, and organised approach to work – with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude with logical problem-solving skills
- Takes pride in work and is thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong PC skills – proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Salary and benefits:
- £30,000 – £40,000