Quick Job Search
Recruit and hire a finance manager
We are specialists in all types of general accountancy recruitment and regularly recruit for businesses needing to hire a finance manager.
Our dedicated team work exclusively on accountancy recruitment, and have a great understanding of what is required. They’ll partner with you and take the time to learn not only what the job role entails, but also about your business, the culture and your long term goals.
Finance manager job description
This is a sample job description for a finance manager. You may need to revise this job description to meet the specific job duties and job requirements for your unique role.
Finance manager job duties:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
Finance manager skills and qualifications:
- Advanced qualifications in accounting, business, economics, finance or a related field
- Several years of experience in a finance role
- Superior mathematical skills
- Leadership skills and experience
- Employee management
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Public speaking skills
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices
- Superior attention to detail, organisational, planning, research and analytical skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Computer skills
To recruit and hire a finance manager with us is simple and painless
To recruit and hire a finance manager with us is simple and painless. We invest our time getting to know you, your business, your goals, your environment and culture. This means we can find people we believe are a true match for you.
Our people are at the centre of Vanilla’s values and it’s their passion to ‘get it right’ that gives us our unique recruitment service, our excellent customer retention rates, and our fantastic repeat business levels from both clients and candidates.
We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency because it gives us the flexibility to form a true partnership with you. Across our 5 niche recruitment specialisms, our unified team are committed to getting you the results you need.
We are experts in matching the right candidates with the right businesses. We will work hard to understand your culture, needs and requirements, and we will only send you candidate details if we see a real fit being possible.
So, if you are looking for great talent across any of our specialisms within the East Midlands, please register your vacancy above and we’ll get back to you straight away. Alternatively please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss your recruitment needs.
We recruit and hire temporary and permanent staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.