Quick Job Search
Recruit and hire an office administrator
We are specialists in all types of general office recruitment and regularly recruit for businesses needing to hire an office administrator.
Our dedicated team work exclusively on office recruitment, and have a great understanding of what is required. They’ll partner with you and take the time to learn not only what the job role entails, but also about your business, the culture and your long term goals.
Office administrator job description
This is a sample job description for an office administrator. You may need to revise this job description to meet the specific job duties and job requirements for your unique role.
Office administrator job duties:
- Communicates with relevant agencies to produce travel itineraries for business directors and employee events
- Arranges meetings by scheduling appropriate meeting times, booking rooms, and planning refreshments
- Manages correspondence by answering emails and sorting mail
- Assists in planning and arranging events, including organising catering
- Handles expenses and billing cycles
- Manages reception area and looks after visitors
- Answers phone calls and transfers them as necessary
- Drafts, formats, and prints relevant documents
- Maintains stock lists and orders office supplies as needed
- Manages staff expense requests
- Interacts with directors and carries out their requests
- Creates agendas and takes meeting notes
- Assists in purchase orders and invoicing
- Maintains accurate records for employee holiday requests
- Manages outgoing post and records data on special deliveries
- Photocopies and files appropriate documents as needed
- Attends workshops and conferences when requested
- May take care of website functions and social media profiles
Office administrator skills and qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work without supervision, excellent time management skills
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Technical skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong record keeping skills
To recruit and hire an office administrator with us is simple and painless
To recruit and hire an office administrator with us is simple and painless. We invest our time getting to know you, your business, your goals, your environment and culture. This means we can find people we believe are a true match for you.
Our people are at the centre of Vanilla’s values and it’s their passion to ‘get it right’ that gives us our unique recruitment service, our excellent customer retention rates, and our fantastic repeat business levels from both clients and candidates.
We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency because it gives us the flexibility to form a true partnership with you. Across our 5 niche recruitment specialisms, our unified team are committed to getting you the results you need.
We are experts in matching the right candidates with the right businesses. We will work hard to understand your culture, needs and requirements, and we will only send you candidate details if we see a real fit being possible.
So, if you are looking for great talent across any of our specialisms within the East Midlands, please register your vacancy above and we’ll get back to you straight away. Alternatively please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss your recruitment needs.
We recruit and hire temporary and permanent staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.