Quick Job Search
Recruit and hire a secretary
We are specialists in all types of general office recruitment and regularly recruit for businesses needing to hire a secretary.
Our dedicated team work exclusively on office recruitment, and have a great understanding of what is required. They’ll partner with you and take the time to learn not only what the job role entails, but also about your business, the culture and your long term goals.
Secretary job description
This is a sample job description for a secretary. You may need to revise this job description to meet the specific job duties and job requirements for your unique role.
Secretary job duties:
- Answers phone calls and sets up meetings with customers
- Takes messages as necessary
- Mails or sends all information to clients as required
- Mails checks or other outgoing funds
- Takes care of orders of office supplies and other materials
- Demonstrates product knowledge as required
- Adheres to company policies and procedure; makes sure that other staff do as well
- Coordinates the flow of information between departments or from customers
- Schedules meetings and events
- Makes copies of pertinent information and documents
- Greets customers as they arrive at the business
- Makes sure that customer needs are fulfilled
- Takes care of incoming and outgoing mail
- Conducts research as needed by certain departments
- Dictates information as spoken by management
- Updates any client information as it changes
- Calls customers to make sure that they had a great customer experience
- Supervises any other clerical staff to make sure the work is done up to standards
- Completes any paperwork on behalf of the company
- Maintains a knowledge of new office equipment; makes suggestions for new equipment based on trends
- Maintains social media as required
- Manages any projects that need clerical work
- Organises presentations or note cards for management
- Meets with clients outside of the office if necessary
Secretary skills and qualifications:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Customer relations, detail oriented, time management skills
To recruit and hire a secretary with us is simple and painless
To recruit and hire a secretary with us is simple and painless. We invest our time getting to know you, your business, your goals, your environment and culture. This means we can find people we believe are a true match for you.
Our people are at the centre of Vanilla’s values and it’s their passion to ‘get it right’ that gives us our unique recruitment service, our excellent customer retention rates, and our fantastic repeat business levels from both clients and candidates.
We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency because it gives us the flexibility to form a true partnership with you. Across our 5 niche recruitment specialisms, our unified team are committed to getting you the results you need.
We are experts in matching the right candidates with the right businesses. We will work hard to understand your culture, needs and requirements, and we will only send you candidate details if we see a real fit being possible.
So, if you are looking for great talent across any of our specialisms within the East Midlands, please register your vacancy above and we’ll get back to you straight away. Alternatively please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss your recruitment needs.
We recruit and hire temporary and permanent staff throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.