Sales Desk Team Leader
|Job Title:||Sales Desk Team Leader|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
Are you a driven and customer-focused internal sales professional, with experience of supervising a team? We’re looking for a talented Sales Desk Team Leader to work for our client in Lutterworth, a successful construction services business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company with an enviable reputation in their field, who pride themselves on delighting their clients with industry-leading solutions.
Working as part of this ambitious and customer-focused organisation, the successful applicant will take a proactive and self-motivated approach in order to secure future business and expand market-share.
Reporting to the Sales Desk Manager, you will be responsible for maximising inbound and outbound sales opportunities to achieve targets and drive revenue growth, whilst managing, motivating and supervising a team of Sales Advisors.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing direct supervision to Sales Advisors.
- Overseeing day-to-day team operation and performance.
- Managing resources within the department to ensure they are utilised in an effective manner.
- Monitoring team performance against daily metrics.
- Effectively engaging and managing direct reports in on-going sales campaigns, and reporting their effectiveness.
- Identifying team members’ development areas through regular weekly call listening sessions to include “Side-by-Side” and “Remote” activity.
- Ensuring the accuracy of information entered to minimise disputes and maximise business efficiency.
- Receiving and processing all sales emails and answering inbound sales calls.
- Generating quotations and orders through in-house database, saving information accurately and correctly as per company quality standards.
- Conducting outbound calls to existing customers to ensure maximum growth and capture any opportunities.
- Contributing to the transactional activities of the team to ensure revenue targets are met.
- Closing sales, identifying upselling and cross-selling opportunities.
- Providing live sales coaching to develop and motivate individuals.
- Ensuring the adherence to all company quality standards including management systems and the IT platform in order to ensure the accuracy of data capture to minimise the delivery issues and customer disputes.
- Leading the delivery of new starter induction training in conjunction with company tools and standards.
- Collating and analysing call and quote/order data to provide regular updates to Manager and ensure KPI’s are being met.
Skills and experience required:
- A proven track record of experience as a team leader or supervisor in a sales call centre.
- Confident with technology, with a working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Teams
- Proactive, positive management approach, with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to create a strong sales environment to motivate the team.
- Innovative thinker, with an ability to think outside the box .
- Ability to coach and provide feedback to team.
- Passionate about maximising sales opportunities.
- Excellent sales negotiation skills.
- Ability to conduct customer needs analysis using different questioning and listening techniques.
- Able to balance a customer-oriented and a results-driven approach.
- Focused on quality and accuracy of data captured.
- Builds rapport with customers in a professional manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Hours of work
- 8:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch)
- £26,000 basic with an OTE of up to 30% of base salary