Health & Safety Coordinator
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Coordinator||Contract Type:|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £30,000|
|Contact Name:||Jaimini Tailor|
We’re delighted to be recruiting for a knowledgeable and proactive Health and Safety Coordinator on behalf of a prestigious, class-leading manufacturing company with an excellent international reputation in it’s industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for championing and promoting health and safety awareness across the organisation, by sharing good practice on health and safety matters and disseminating information across the company as appropriate. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will ensure the highest operating standards are developed, implemented, and enhanced in line with business and company values.
You will also ensure the business is legally compliant with all Health & Safety legislation, working collaboratively with (and training) all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively collaborating on Environmental, Health and Safety projects, across all sites.
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day development of the Health & Safety strategy and procedure whilst also providing technical support and advice at all levels within the business.
- Engaging with all stakeholders and embedding a positive EHS Culture with demonstrable benefits.
- Promoting a culture that ensures continuous improvement through a proactive identification of business risks through creation of suitable and sufficient risk assessments.
- Driving effective strategies, plans and processes that work towards the achievement of the long-term Health & Safety objectives.
- Working closely with senior management, continuing efforts to extend current proactive behaviours towards identifying, managing and minimising risk across the business.
- Analysing accident and near miss data – producing trends and reports.
- Tracking progress of Concern and Corrective Action Reports, ensuring containment actions remain in place.
- Maintaining a good understanding of the Health & Safety management system.
- Ensuring the achievement of productivity KPI targets.
- Office-based, with 50% attendance on the shop floor.
- Attending other sites as required, including opportunities to benchmark.
- Carrying out any other duties within the scope and purpose of the job as requested by the jobholder’s line manager.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive relevant Health and Safety experience within the manufacturing industry.
- IOSH qualification preferred, but not essential.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- IT proficient, with a sound understanding of MS Office.
- Driven by delivering measurable results.
- Resilient, self-disciplined, and self-motivated.
- Able to embrace and implement change.
- Proactive, with a dedicated attitude to improving standards.
- Innovative, with a positive, problem-solving approach.
Hours of work:
- Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm
Salary and benefits:
- £25,000 – £30,000