We are specialists in all types of Accountancy and Finance recruitment and regularly recruit for businesses needing to hire a Bookkeeper.
Our dedicated team work exclusively on Accountancy and Finance recruitment, and have a great understanding of what is required. They'll partner with you and take the time to learn not only what the job role entails, but also about your business, the culture and your long term goals.
Recruiting for a Bookkeeper with us is simple and painless
Our systems DO NOT allow autocomplete for any fields. Please fill in each box WITHOUT using ANY autofill or all information will be lost when you hit 'send'.
Bookkeeper Job Description
This is a sample job description for a bookkeeper. You may need to revise this job description to meet the specific job duties and job requirements for your unique role.
Responsibilities: Maintaining financial records, preparing tax returns, and overseeing the financial health of the company. Preparing financial statements for review by the company's accountant.
Bookkeeper Job Duties:
- Recording financial transactions
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Completing tax forms
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Paying regular bills for the company
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Handling client invoices by recording and approving or denying the payments
- Appropriately coding payables to prepare them for the accountant's input later
- Distributing money appropriately to various departments within the company
- Invoicing deliveries and paying vendors for their goods and services
- Maintaining office supplies by keeping an inventory and ordering new supplies as needed
- Preparing purchase orders in accordance with requests for materials
- Handling subsidiary accounts
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed for others
- Researching and complying with legal requirements as they pertain to the company's operations and financial activities
- Monitoring debt levels and ensuring compliance with debt covenants
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits
- Maintaining petty cash
- Preparing information for auditors
- Keeping an annual company budget
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management
Bookkeeper Skills and Qualifications: Qualifications in Business Administration or Accounting, Work Experience, Knowledge of Accounting Principles, Organisation, Timeliness, Attention to Detail, Business Management Experience, Knowledge of Accounting Software, Data Entry Skills, Thoroughness, Confidentiality, Analysing Information, Problem Solving, Clerical Skills, Multitasking, Ability to Operate Basic Office Equipment, Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills, Knowledge of Regulatory Requirements, Professionalism.
Register a vacancy for a Bookkeeper
Recruiting with us is simple and painless. We invest our time getting to know you, your business, your goals, your environment and culture. This means we can find people we believe are a true match for you.
Our people are at the centre of Vanilla’s values and it’s their passion to ‘get it right’ that gives us our unique recruitment service, our excellent customer retention rates, and our fantastic repeat business levels from both clients and candidates.
We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency because it gives us the flexibility to form a true partnership with you. Across our 5 niche recruitment specialisms, our unified team are committed to getting you the results you need.
We are experts in matching the right candidates with the right businesses. We will work hard to understand your culture, needs and requirements, and we will only send you candidate details if we see a real fit being possible.
So, if you are looking for great talent across any of our specialisms within the East Midlands, please register your vacancy below and we'll get back to you straight away. Alternatively please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss your recruitment needs.
Other pages of interest
For more useful information, news and resources feel free to look around our website and in particular our Client pages including Why Vanilla, Client Journey, Case Studies, Resources and our regularly updated Blog.
We recruit throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.