We are specialists in all types of Accountancy and Finance recruitment and regularly recruit for businesses needing to hire an Accounts Assistant.
Our dedicated team work exclusively on Accountancy and Finance recruitment, and have a great understanding of what is required. They'll partner with you and take the time to learn not only what the job role entails, but also about your business, the culture and your long term goals.
Recruiting for an Accounts Assistant with us is simple and painless
Our systems DO NOT allow autocomplete for any fields. Please fill in each box WITHOUT using ANY autofill or all information will be lost when you hit 'send'.
Accounts Assistant Job Description
This is a sample job description for a accounts assistant. You may need to revise this job description to meet the specific job duties and job requirements for your unique role.
Responsibilities: Assisting with a variety of day-to-day financial operations such as sales and purchase ledgers and basic bookkeeping. Assisting the finance director in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.
Accounts Assistant Job Duties:
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance director
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Review and adhere to department budgets
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Assist the financial director in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Adhere to the company's or organisation's financial policies and procedures
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions
Accounts Assistant Skills and Qualifications: Qualifications in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a Related Field, Excellent Mathematical Skills, Understanding of Data Privacy Standards, Integrity, Honesty, Customer-Service Skills, Solid Communication Skills, both Written and Verbal, Familiarity with Business Principles and Practices, Superior Attention to Detail, Organisational Skills, Planning Skills, Problem-Solving Skills, Analytical Skills, Critical Thinking Skills, Computer Skills, Particularly with Spreadsheets and Calculation Software.
Register a vacancy for an Accounts Assistant
Recruiting with us is simple and painless. We invest our time getting to know you, your business, your goals, your environment and culture. This means we can find people we believe are a true match for you.
Our people are at the centre of Vanilla’s values and it’s their passion to ‘get it right’ that gives us our unique recruitment service, our excellent customer retention rates, and our fantastic repeat business levels from both clients and candidates.
We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency because it gives us the flexibility to form a true partnership with you. Across our 5 niche recruitment specialisms, our unified team are committed to getting you the results you need.
We are experts in matching the right candidates with the right businesses. We will work hard to understand your culture, needs and requirements, and we will only send you candidate details if we see a real fit being possible.
So, if you are looking for great talent across any of our specialisms within the East Midlands, please register your vacancy below and we'll get back to you straight away. Alternatively please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss your recruitment needs.
Other pages of interest
For more useful information, news and resources feel free to look around our website and in particular our Client pages including Why Vanilla, Client Journey, Case Studies, Resources and our regularly updated Blog.
We recruit throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.