We are specialists in all types of sales recruitment and regularly recruit for businesses needing to hire a Business Sales Development Manager.
Our dedicated team work exclusively on sales recruitment, and have a great understanding of what is required. They'll partner with you and take the time to learn not only what the job role entails, but also about your business, the culture and your long term goals.
Recruiting for a Business Sales Development Manager with us is simple and painless
Our systems DO NOT allow autocomplete for any fields. Please fill in each box WITHOUT using ANY autofill or all information will be lost when you hit 'send'.
Business Sales Development Manager Job Description
This is a sample job description for a business sales development manager. You may need to revise this job description to meet the specific job duties and job requirements for your unique role.
Responsibilities: Leading efforts to establish and retain business growth opportunities. Primarily obtaining new clients and fostering business relationships to increase revenue from sales.
Business Sales Development Manager Job Duties:
- Leading a team of other business development professionals
- Assessing team performance when it comes to growing the business through client acquisition and sales
- Maintaining relationships with staff and keeping up-to-date on their work progress
- Reporting on the most productive sales professionals
- Writing reports and analysing relevant business data
- Presenting findings to the team and executive members of staff
- Determining the reasons for profits and losses
- Assuming responsibility for the success or failure of strategic decisions
- Promoting a culture of growth through sales across the business
- Educating team members on best business practices and techniques for increasing effectiveness
- Finding new clients and promoting sales to them
- Identifying key accounts
- Fostering familiar relationships between clients and the business development team
- Following up on client leads
- Being knowledgeable about products and services offered by the business
- Selling products and services in person and over the phone
- Raising the company profile by attending expositions and seminars
- Suggesting new projects such as product development to tap into new markets
- Assisting with investment and financial decisions to benefit the company
- Being aware of market trends and competitors
- Complying with regulations and laws of business development
- Maintaining a positive attitude that inspires co-workers and clients to grow the business
Business Sales Development Manager Skills and Qualifications: Leadership, Education, Charisma, Sales, Communication, Finance, Marketing, Report Writing, Spreadsheets, Problem-Solving, Independence, Teamwork
Register a vacancy for a Business Sales Development Manager
Recruiting with us is simple and painless. We invest our time getting to know you, your business, your goals, your environment and culture. This means we can find people we believe are a true match for you.
Our people are at the centre of Vanilla’s values and it’s their passion to ‘get it right’ that gives us our unique recruitment service, our excellent customer retention rates, and our fantastic repeat business levels from both clients and candidates.
We are proud to be an independent recruitment agency because it gives us the flexibility to form a true partnership with you. Across our 5 niche recruitment specialisms, our unified team are committed to getting you the results you need.
We are experts in matching the right candidates with the right businesses. We will work hard to understand your culture, needs and requirements, and we will only send you candidate details if we see a real fit being possible.
So, if you are looking for great talent across any of our specialisms within the East Midlands, please register your vacancy below and we'll get back to you straight away. Alternatively please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss your recruitment needs.
Other pages of interest
For more useful information, news and resources feel free to look around our website and in particular our Client pages including Why Vanilla, Client Journey, Case Studies, Resources and our regularly updated Blog.
We recruit throughout the East Midlands covering Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the surrounding areas, especially Market Harborough, Leicester, Lutterworth, Northampton, Corby and Kettering.