A new set of survey results has been published by Vacancy Filler (suppliers of recruitment software). They have been asking people about their recruitment experiences. The results are very interesting from a company and market point of view.
The survey covered a wide range of sectors and examined how candidates search for and apply for roles, the negative effects of poor communication and the impact of a poor company careers page.
The overall conclusion from Vacancy Filler, was that businesses need to treat candidates in the same way they interact with their customers.
There is far more at stake than ever before, if a candidate has a poor recruitment experience.
The survey found that out of the candidates asked, 66% stated that a difficult to navigate company careers page would negatively impact their impression of a company. And 64% of candidates asked expected to be able to apply for roles online. Other findings include:
- 49% of candidates stated they would boycott a company if they had a bad experience in applying for a job with them
- 86% of candidates said it was important to them to receive confirmation that their applications had been received
- 76% of candidates consulted job boards to find a new position
- 84% were more likely to apply for a post where job duties were clearly defined
- 67% would tell others of a bad recruitment experience
At Vanilla Recruitment, we can partner with you to deliver the right candidate journey and help to protect your business.
- We handle all the communications so applicants always know where they are in their recruitment journey
- We post all our positions onto the main job boards and your company at that stage is protected because all the interaction and communication is with ourselves
- With all our recruiters, we make sure job descriptions are clear and well crafted.
We have been recruiting for businesses for over 11 years. We work across the East Midlands covering permanent, temporary and contract roles at all levels within these specialist areas:
- Accountancy & Finance
- HR & Training
If you would like to talk to us about how we can support your businesses recruitment plans, we’d be delighted to hear from you. You can call us on: 01858 898058 or email: email@example.com